Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

It doesn't feel like Easter around here. Jake and I intended to go to church this morning then spend so time with family, but that didn't happen. I just couldn't get out of bed this morning. **kinda telling on myself** I slept until about 10:30 and on top of that, I just woke up from a 2 hour nap. So while everyone is gone I will try to get this post in and kinda explain the weekend we have had.


We have been over at my BIL's grandparent's trying to help them with their roof and clean up. I haven't been on the roof, but I spent all day Friday and Saturday cleaning up. I am sore from head to toe, right as I am typing I am sitting here with a heat pad on my back.


Side note**The reason they are my BIL's grandparents and not my husband's too, is because they are half brothers and it is his mother's side of the family. We just wanted to help out as much as possible. I haven't even drove around town, but just from what I have seen it is horrible, to say the least! I did make a block around their house and drove down main street.


This is their house and those are the pile of trash and tree limbs we gathered up. That was just in the front yard!

Then this nice guy on a bobcat came by and offered to help, so he scooped up the roof shingles and piled them up. I am just amazed at how many volunteers came out to help. The Red Cross vans came by at lunch and dinner offering hot meals. And on top of that it wasn't only red cross, but local churches that did the same. Wonderful people!


This was the house across the street.

We have had people staying with us since Friday, so this is the only time I have been alone. So I thought I would take advantage of it and blog. Jake's brother and is wife will be staying until their grandparent's house is fix, so no telling how long that will be. I will try to keep up with reading and commenting on your blogs, but I don't think I will be blogging much. Well, it's not like I blog everyday anyways! *giggle* =)

Happy Easter everyone. I have been thanking God all weekend for the safety of my family and today I am thanking him for his son, and thanking Jesus for the sacrifice he made for me.

No comments: